Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Find Me by Romily Bernard Book Review!


Rating: ∞AN INFINITY OF STARS∞

“Find Me.”

These are the words written on Tessa Waye’s diary. The diary that ends up with Wick Tate. But Tessa’s just been found . . . dead.

Wick has the right computer-hacking skills for the job, but little interest in this perverse game of hide-and-seek. Until her sister Lily is the next target.

Then Griff, trailer-park boy next door and fellow hacker, shows up, intent on helping Wick. Is a happy ending possible with the threat of Wick’s deadbeat dad returning, the detective hunting him sniffing around Wick instead, and a killer taunting her at every step?

Foster child. Daughter of a felon. Loner hacker girl. Wick has a bad attitude and sarcasm to spare.

But she’s going to find this killer no matter what.

Because it just got personal.
I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN! I have been waiting so long to finally read this EPIC THRILLER! I just read SIX MONTHS LATER earlier in the month, and I wasn't expecting to read thriller that good for a long time. THEN FIND ME SHOWED UP! Unfortunately, I couldn't get ahold of an ARC. But it was worth the wait!
This plot was so intricate and fascinating! I couldn't miss anything without feeling clueless! This was an amazing mystery/thriller! It was so genius how Romily laid out all this information of me, but I still felt like I wasn't sure. There were so many times when I thought I had figured it all out, and then BAAAMMM!!! I'm totally wrong and she has just blown my mind! 
WICK was a very relatable protagonist, which is one of my favorite fictional character qualities! I found her personality and her decision-making skills very realistic for a teen. 
GRIFF was a very hard person to figure out! Billions of thoughts about him were always milling about in my head. Is he the bad guy? Is he who he says he is? Should she believe a word he says? Isn't it creepy that he appeared at her window? Oh, the suspicions are endless! Overall, I liked his character a lot! A very patient, clever guy with the loyalty of a German Shepherd and the guts of a thousand butcher scraps. (That was probably the strangest analogy I've ever used).
FIND ME was such a page turner! The action and suspense NEVER STOPS! I looked ridiculous wallowing in the floor of my bedroom nervously and the book reached its end. SHE ENDED IT PERFECTLY! It had closure and 'openendedness' at the same time! BRILLIANT! 
Look for FIND ME in any bookstore near you! You don't want to miss this new YA series! REMEMBER ME will be released in 2014! (Hope I get an ARC for that one!)
This is the kind of book that makes me sad I didn't join the street team! Maybe sometime in the future!
I look forward to reading Romily Bernard's future works! 
-Matt




No comments:

Post a Comment